We are an SEO Agency called Rotate Digital and we help moving companies get more clients online by growing and expanding their visibility on Google for profitable keywords. We are different from most SEO Agencies. While most SEO Agencies provide services to all businesses in all industries, we focus specifically on moving companies. This gives us a competitive edge and our clients love it!
We are a 100% performance-based SEO Agency. We get paid because of our results. If we don’t get results, we don’t get paid.
Part of our SEO Strategy is having a clean, structured, well built website that can scale with the growth of our clients business and accurately represent their brand online.
The work we do for our clients is meaningful.
- We don’t sell to clients and do average “good” work that most SEO Agencies do.
- We don’t go on autopilot with our work and deliverables.
- We work REALLY hard every day to go above and beyond in order to serve our clients.
- We love our clients by bringing them real results, working on their business as if it was our business, and by continuing to work hard for their success and their results.
About The Job:
Imagine waking up, making a coffee, sitting down at your computer… Or perhaps you have just finished lunch, you make a 5th cup of coffee… you sit down at your computer to start your work day.
Your inbox is full of development tasks assigned to you and your slack chat filled with new client updates, client success stories, tags from co-workers… Your Calendar has regular meetings scheduled to cover the projects and client websites you are working on.
You are collaborating with the other developers on the team and completing form to CRM integrations for moving companies all across the United States and Canada.
You meet with the SEO Manager as well as the other devs to go over the existing website development framework to tweak it and improve it.
Your day is organized. You pull up Spotify and turn on “focus flow” playlist and start designing and building an amazing website… or 5 amazing websites. You are busy.
It is exciting to be part of a team that makes magic happen and changes people’s lives.
This job is not for the faint of heart. You will be organized. If you are not, you’ll learn to be. Communication is EXTREMELY important. You will need to think on your feet and be independent and dig deep into your creative side.
If you just want to sit and code all day, not talk to anyone and not be creative, this role is not for you.
- WordPress (Elementor and/or Custom Theme)
- WordPress Codex
- PHP (twig/timber is a bonus)
- CSS (TailwindCSS is a bonus)
- Understanding Web page Rendering & Performance
- Email Hosting, DNS Records (webmail server transferring/management)
- Theme & Plugin Development
- Comfortable with Custom Post Types & Dynamic Data in WordPress
Some of the things you will be responsible for:
- Develop landing pages from design mockup
- Ongoing updates on client sites as they request them
- Respond to and troubleshoot website issues
- Add additional security measures over and above what our hosting provider provides
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans
- Improve the User Experience of existing websites and new builds
- Collaborate with SEO Team and management to ensure the the website aligns with SEO strategies and meets the standards of Rotate Digital and Rotate Digital clients.
- Ensure full compliance on website with all laws and regulations
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices
- Monitor competitor websites
- Maintenance work for all websites. See Maintenance Section for list of Maintenance work.
- Ensure all plugins are working and up to date
- Ensure overall performance and speed of websites are optimized
- Update photos and minor website edits(eg. Additional location or service pages, change of address and contact details, adjust forms etc.)
- Integration with CRMs and/or Calendars
- All other tasks excluding full website build/redesign and blog page setup.
Why you MIGHT NOT be Excited About Working For Rotate Digital
- We’re fairly small (~15-30 people), so if you like more hierarchy and levels of management in a bigger company, this role isn’t for you.
- We don’t have it all figured out. As a bootstrapped, entrepreneurial-driven startup, there are many areas of the company where we’re still “building the rocket on the way up.” So, if you require a tested and proven playbook to perform every aspect of your job, then this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We work really, really hard. Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to achieve our “comfortably-uncomfortable” goals. WHile we DON’T believe in working weekends or pulling “all nighters” as a normal course of business, if you want a cushy, 40-hour per week job, you probably won’t like it here.
- We change our minds, pivot fast, and embrace the change when change is needed. We aren’t flakes, nor do we seek chaos for chaos’ sake. But we WILL shift projects and priorities when presented with new data, so, again, if you need to work at a company that “has it all figured out,” we’re not the place for you.
- We don’t micro-manage. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. We need people who can manage their own calendar and who aren’t afraid to Google something if they don’t know how to do it. In other words, if you need to know EXACTLY what you will be doing every hour of the day, week over week, we’re probably not a good fit.
As you probably realize by now, we are looking for a skilled Web Developer and this doesn’t mean anybody… You must satisfy all of the following requirements to be considered for this job:
- Honest & Transparent
- Be able to work alone 95% of the time
- Desire to work hard every day, go above and beyond and over deliver for our clients
- Willingness to stay up late sometimes to get work done
- Consistent – you need to be able to thrive in learning and adapting as our process is not perfect.
- Highly proficient in UI/UX Web Design and Development, CSS design, cross-browser and cross platform compatibility.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- You MUST love and have a huge passion for designing and building websites. If not you’ll burn out of this role quickly.
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home
- Occasional paid dinners
- Being able to make a difference
- Work with top notch people
- Learn new skills
- Enhance your existing skills