Visca Web operates performance marketing websites within the sports, real estate and finance segments across several markets, primarily in the Americas and Europe.
For more than 10 years now, our content has been educating and empowering our users across the globe to make well-informed decisions, which has resulted in generating over 100,000 high-quality online leads for our partners brands over that period of time.
One key element of this success has been our small (20+ full-time members), resourceful and truly multicultural team, which is organized around Content, SEO, tech development, product management and data analytics. Friendly startup feeling, with structures and processes in place to continue growing.
This successful track-record, culture and set up makes us proud and confident to take on any challenge, whether it is to maintain and consolidate our position amongst the top players of our industry or to venture into new segments and territories looking for further growth opportunities.
As part of this ambition to grow, we are looking for a WordPress Web Developer to join our team!
- Collaborating with project, SEO and content managers to expose and help choosing the best technical implementations to meet business goals.
- Think in a scalable way: help finding solution that can fit many websites at the same time to ensure economies of scale.
- Designing, extending and/or creating custom code for WordPress (as plugin or not).
- Collaborate and review code to ensure a high quality of coding best practices and standards.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code (when it makes sense only).
- Coding and improve of websites, from layout to operation and as specified to meet business needs.
- Provide and maintain documentation of our products and embrace a culture of knowledge sharing among team members.
- Participate in ongoing learning to be aware of current trends and standards that can be applied to our products and services.
- INTERESTED? => Start by filling out this short questionnaire: https://viscaweb1.typeform.com/to/Rhuly6GO
- Strong and professional experience as a web developer (or similar experience like technical project manager).
- Advanced PHP proficiency.
- Knowledge and experience WordPress development (hooks, filters, plugins, database, etc…).
- Knowledge of MySQL, database maintenance & optimisations, etc…
- Experience with modern development tools: Git, GitHub, PHPStorm, NPM, GULP, GitHub Actions, etc…
- Ability to see the big picture and determine business goals and objectives to be translated into a better user interface/user interface to achieve customer goals.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Bonus point – Knowledge of designs patterns, solid principles, OOP patterns, etc…
- Bonus point – Gutenberg blocks development / ACF development / Elementor / Crocoblock.
- Bonus point – Unit testing / Functional testing.
On top of the competitive salary package and annual bonus plan, the benefits we offers are the following:
- Cool and bright office in the 22@ district of Poblenou.
- Bike storage, rest room, Playstation room.
- 23 days per year
- All bank holidays from Spain, Catalunya and Barcelona
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid office/remote work
Self-development and growth
- Personal training/conference budget (1000€ annually)
Health, fitness and well-being
- Private health insurance plan.
- Andjoy (fitness) Membership.
- On-site massages every month.
- Summer & Christmas offsite gatherings
- …and a few more (good) surprises along the year.
This position is a full-time one. Possession of a valid work-permit for Spain is a must.