Role: WordPress Template Developer
Location: Remote/WFH (local candidates only please)
Skyhook Interactive is one of Arizona’s leading boutique website development firms and was recently named one of the Top 50 “Best Places To Work” by the Phoenix Business Journal. We’re looking for a full-time, work-from-home WordPress Template Developer to join our growing team.
What makes this job great
- Team. You will LOVE your co-workers! Skyhook works hard to recruit & retain team members who are humble, hungry and smart, and to maintain an environment that is positive and fun. This team will bring out the best in you.
- Variety. You’ll be involved in working on dozens of websites each year, giving you remarkable exposure to lots of different businesses and the people who run them.
- Growth. You will be trained, mentored, and coached, then given opportunities to learn “on the job” by doing work for our amazing customers. Current and past clients include Olympic athletes, A-list influencers, top-tier eCommerce brands, and a long list of local heroes.
- Flexibility. You’ll be able to work from home and keep your own schedule for the most part, while still enjoying structure and regular in-person meetups with the team.
- Impact. As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the company.
- Purpose. You will have a measurable impact on the organizations and lives of our customers. You will help us make the Internet a better place every single day.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Receiving & reviewing comps from designers and project managers
- Preparing time/cost estimates and project plans for the work to be completed
- Preparing assets from design files (usually XD, Figma, Sketch or Photoshop)
- Building the project in Elementor following the provided design comps
- Coordinating with the project manager to conduct QA/testing and to implement scope changes as needed
- Deploying the completed site to the production server
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of WordPress Skills (You are can familiar with hooks & filters, code snippets, and know-how WordPress “thinks”)
- Ability to convert layouts from design apps into fully functioning WordPress-based pages or components
- Ability to migrate/move a WordPress website from one server to another
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industry web standards and good time-management abilities, including project planning and coordination with internal project managers
- Positive energy and enthusiasm befitting of a team environment
- Strong organization and communication skills, ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high attention to detail
- Flexibility, passion for the craft, and willingness to share knowledge
- A good fit with our culture, and lives by our core values:
- Think: Smart with an almost academic interest in learning & growing
- Move: A bias for action and hustle
- Own: Open to feedback, highly self-aware, accountable
Nice To Haves:
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields and Gravity Forms
- Experience with PHPStorm, npm/yarn, Webpack, WP-CLI and similar tools
Compensation & Benefits
Making sure you’re well compensated for the support you give us is one of our top priorities. Typical benefits packages include:
- Competitive salary
- A share in the profits when the company does well
- Employer-paid health insurance plan, with access to vision and dental insurance as well
- 401k/Retirement plan options with 4% company match
- Generous Flex and PTO policies, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Career mentoring & coaching from seasoned professionals
- Company-issued top-of-the-line hardware
- Regular team builders, dinners, funtivities, volunteer opportunities, retreats, and other community-building initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.