A WordPress REST API Developer position just opened up in Pasadena, CA at the JPL/NASA facility. In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing WordPress to complete the Optimization, Consolidation, and Migration of multiple Sites. You must have 7+ years of experience with decoupled architecture, GraphQL or WP REST API, and Gutenberg customization; High School Diploma is required and you must be a US Citizen.
Location: Pasadena, CA 91109
Position: WordPress REST API Developer
Pay Rate: $55 to $70/hr. on W2 (DOE)
Duration: 6 months
Work schedule: 5/40 or 9/80 (can be remote)
We do offer paid time offs, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision
- Develops and oversees website design and creation. Typical Functions Plans, designs, evaluates, develops, tests, edits, maintains, and documents the look and flow of websites.
- Interviews clients to help them clarify their goals for establishing a website.
- Designs or supervises the design of digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps, and other graphics to enhance the appearance of the site.
- Applies knowledge of programming techniques and computer internet systems.
- Educates clients about the similarities and differences between Internet communication and other forms of marketing and public relations efforts. Custom tailors a plan for a proposed site using a combination of graphic and written material, and modifies the proposal as necessary until the client is satisfied.
- Writes, edits, formats, copy to present clients’ messages effectively. Develops video and audio enhancements if desired by the client.
- Works with clients to select a domain name and register the chosen name. Carries out functions of an Internet service provider (ISP) to reduce the amount of technical expertise needed or trains personnel to operate and update the site on an independent basis.
- Provides marketing and promotion services. Updates and expands information on the website to attract repeat users. Meets on a regular basis to evaluate and modify the site as it seems appropriate.
- Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Applies knowledge of database design standards and database management. Enters program codes into the computer system. Enters commands into the computer to run and test programs.
In-depth experience with:
- Creating large and complex WordPress sites
- The WP REST API or WPGraphQL
- Creating and maintaining sites using decoupled (headless) architecture
- Creating custom Gutenberg blocks
- Creating custom WordPress plugins
- Developing and deploying sites using WordPress VIP
- Writing code as part of a team
- Web presence consolidation and migration efforts
Familiarity with: ·
- Working in the public sector or regulated industries.
- Working with monorepos
- Front-end frameworks both modern (Vue.js and Nuxt, React or similar) and legacy (jQuery) · Following brand standards and developing design systems
- Agile principles
- Content management systems and their paradigms
Github repo MySQL
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our client:
Our client is a research and development lab federally funded by NASA and managed by Caltech. Manages many of NASA’s robotic missions exploring Earth, the solar system, and our universe.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!