At Rhodes, our core purpose is to enhance the lives of our customers and team through building communities. We specialize in developing master planned communities and construction of high quality, energy efficient homes across the Rio Grande Valley. Rhodes has been recognized among the fastest growing private companies in the US by Inc. 5000 and is on a mission to expand its footprint into more communities across South Texas. Since 2019, Esperanza Homes, a Rhodes Company, has ranked nationally on Builder Magazine’s Top 200 Builders List and is on an aggressive growth trajectory to make the Top 100 Builders list while serving more communities across South Texas.
Rhodes was founded in the early 1990’s as a land acquisition and holding company. In 2006, the company shifted gears and ventured into residential/commercial land development and home building with the formation of Esperanza Homes. Rhodes Enterprises has grown to one of the largest developers of residential, commercial, and master planned communities in the Rio Grande Valley. For more than a decade, we have grown to serve the communities of Mission, Donna, McAllen, Edinburg, San Juan, Weslaco, Harlingen, and Brownsville. We are passionate about our customers, building exceptional homes, our team, and the communities where we live, work and serve.
Rhodes is a certified Great Place to Work, when you choose to work with us, you are part of a passionate and high performing Team! You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day and are excited to continue to grow and build communities.
Benefits of being a part of our Team include :
- Competitive Compensation including Bonus & Profit-Sharing Programs
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account for Medically Enrolled Staff
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Role Mission: As a WordPress Developer working for Rhodes, you are responsible for managing the portfolio of web assets across the organization. You will apply content updates, conduct SEO and content audits, and ensure websites uptime is at 100%, while providing best in class customer service to our staff. You will play a vital role in working alongside leaders to launch new websites and content for initiatives in the organization. Reporting to the Director of Data and IT, you are part of the Administrative Services Team and have an exciting opportunity to support Rhodes’ purpose to enhance the lives of our customers and team through building communities.
Work Location: Report to Corporate Office daily and adhere to schedule – note this is not a remote position
Measured Performance Goals:
- 95% Help Desk Tickets Complete on Time
- 95% Customer Satisfaction Rate
- 87.5% Projects Complete on Time
- 95% Website uptime across all websites
Web Asset Administration
- Proactively monitor all websites to be operational 95% of the time.
- Backup all websites on a frequent basis and validate backups are successful.
- Monitor performance of the sites to provide recommendations on sizing infrastructure to meet needs.
- Organize media, website, domains into centralized system that provide ease of management.
- Reduce any unnecessary waste of web asset resources.
- Provide support via the help desk system regarding any issues that are occurring across our web assets.
- Launch new template websites based on WordPress.
- Apply content updates as requested via help desk ticket system.
- Partner with marketing team to create a seamless web experience that aligns with sales.
- Create an annual content framework for auditing content across our web assets to ensure content is being updated frequently.
- Project plan for launching of new websites with stakeholders to ensure on time delivery.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Researching and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Work with marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
Embodies Rhodes Core Values:
- Act with Integrity, No Exceptions
- Honor our Team
- Never Be Satisfied – continuously looks for ways to improve every aspect of our business
- Best in Class Customer Experience -provide a best-in-class customer experience – every time, with every customer
Lives the Values of the Rhodes Team
- Believes and is committed to our mission to enhance the lives of our customers and our team through building communities
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships to achieve outcomes
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
- Proven experience developing in WordPress.
- Experience launching WordPress websites.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Adaptability to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative UI design mindset.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Corporate Office daily and adhere to schedule – note this is not a remote position
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers, and manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure