Founded in 2017, VitaminLab is an award-winning organization that has been recognized as a Top Growth Company in Canada. Our mission is to change how people take vitamins. We work with partners and practitioners to create a supplement unique to the needs of individuals based on blood, genetic testing or individual preferences. We bring affordable, high-quality formulas to health-minded people all over the planet. Our team is growing rapidly along with our brand and we are looking for health and growth-minded people to join us at our HQ in beautiful Victoria, BC as we expand across the globe.
Our expectations for this Role:
As a WordPress Developer at VitaminLab, you will be working in partnership with our Software team. Reporting to the Software Lead, you will focus on the continuous improvement of our existing WordPress ecosystem.
Your day-to-day workload will include new feature development, optimization and documentation of existing code, writing tests, improvement of deployment processes and performing code reviews for other members of our Software team.
The teams you will be working with and supporting:
- Business Development Team
- Practitioner Success Team
- Customer Experience (CE) Team
- Marketing Team
- Product Team
Why we are different and the problems we are working to solve:
Challenging the status quo of traditional vitamins by offering the industry’s only approach of “true personalization” is at the heart of everything we do. It may be easier to provide pill packs or a smaller ingredient list with limited dosages, but we strive to take personalized vitamins to the next level and our team doesn’t settle for easy.
True personalization allows people to conveniently take control of their unique health needs and goals as they evolve over time. We want to communicate the value of a truly personalized vitamin that can be endlessly dynamic with the world and we’ll need your help with that.
- 3+ years experience developing custom WordPress functionality and themes
- Solid understanding of PHP (both procedural and object-oriented), SQL, HTML/CSS
- Solid understanding of Linux servers, command line and version management
- Ability to handle and accurately adapt mock-ups/designs into responsive, consistent, and accessible WordPress pages and sites
- Experience with migrating data from legacy websites to WordPress-compatible formats
- Solid understanding of responsive design and experience building fully responsive sites
- Debug and optimize existing codebase
- Perform code reviews with your peers
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for existing platform
- Ability to write clean, secure, reusable code
- Familiarity with SOLID/DRY software development principles
- Procedural PHP back-end experience preferred
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3 is an asset
- Experience with setting up CI/CD for WordPress-based sites is an asset
- Experience writing unit tests using such testing frameworks as PHPUnit or similar is a huge asset
- Located in Victoria, BC or Remote BC is preferred. Other locations considered however must be able to work PST business hours
- Interest or experience in the natural health industry is an asset
Our Amazing Perks & Employee Programs:
- Personal Fridays: 25 Fridays off per year (You may combine up to 5 days of these to use towards extended time off)
- 10 Vacation Days
- 5 Paid Sick Days (if you need them, we have you covered)
- Extended Healthcare Benefits
- Fitness and Wellness Account
- Your Own Personalized Supplement Plan
- Professional Development Allowance
- Remote/Hybrid friendly with Kwench access to those living in Victoria, BC
- Team Events and Socials
- An opportunity to grow and make an impact on an amazing team!
Please include a cover letter when applying, we’d love to hear about your interest in VitaminLab and, perhaps, nutrition and why you’re excited about this role.
***Note: While we would love to meet every applicant, we have supplements to make! Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. We thank you so much for your interest.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.