Established with over 15+ years of development, Motorhead Marketing has been an award-winning advertising agency for auto repair and motor-related businesses. We\’ve had an exciting time and are getting ready for a new expansion into next-generation development, and want you to be a part of it.
We\’re seeking a spirited WordPress developer to play a central role in our next adventure. Someone to plan and execute our new development group and provide recommendations and insight into our company expansion. The ideal candidate should be both self-motivated and good with other people.
This role can be filled remotely, hybrid (remote/in-office), and through a full-time office setting. As a member of our team, you\’ll be asked to complete the necessary work but also participate in new product development projects, work with clients occasionally, and push the boundaries of what WordPress was made for.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and we want great team members to share the experience!
Knowledge & Skill in Programming Languages and Technologies
- Comfortable working with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficiency with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Functional SQL knowledge of queries and basic modeling
Skilled Operational & Production Methodologies:
- Experience managing WordPress websites.
- Experience with code management and collaboration through GitHub.
- Strong debugging skills
- Comfortable navigating design mockups made in Sketch, Figma, or Invision.
- Expert knowledge in building pages and component libraries with popular page builders.
- Passion for creating beautiful and intuitive websites
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Team player, humble, and willing to learn
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively on project teams.
- Strong work ethic, quick learner, and highly motivated
- Demonstrate a passion for the company\’s mission, vision, and values
- Experience developing and maintaining WordPress plugin modules.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM development cycles.
- Experience integrating and using CRM systems, Zapier, APIs, and other advanced development technologies.
- Advanced experience with AWS and similar systems.
Development, Operations, & Maintenance
- Estimate and advise on development timelines for projects.
- Design and implement new WordPress features and functionality from user requirements
- Manage ongoing WordPress updates.
- Ensure high performance and availability of WordPress sites
- Lead the development of WordPress websites from start to finish.
- Themes website designs to match page designs made in Sketch, Figma, or Invision.
- Work with the design team to apply design changes to websites.
- Launches websites to ensure minimal downtime and SEO impact.
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management and industry standards. This includes cross-browser tests and accessibility checks.
- Coordinate and complete the development of all website projects following specifications and timelines.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of websites and applications, coordinates site and application functionality with appropriate internal partners
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves site and application issues; recommends and implements preventive measures to avoid future problems.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technology and best practices in website and application design and development
Communications & Collaboration
- Collaborate with designers to transform approved designs into functional web templates and pages
- Listen to others and accepts input from fellow team members.
- Articulates ideas and thoughts/recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Prepares well-written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
- Works with content strategists on content migration plans and CMS content type and taxonomy setup.
- Support content strategists to create thorough documentation for CMS training.
- Provides recommendations that include SEO best practices and can include client feedback to satisfy their goal.
- Collaborates with security and compliance teams to ensure site security
Education, Creativity, & Improvement
- Recommend & attend training and educational workshops to stay ahead of market changes in the industry.
- Recommend & review publications and resource materials for individual and department growth and improvement.
- Evaluate, assess, and make recommendations for refined processes and procedures with a focus on improvements in efficiency, productivity, and overall success of all team members.
We are proud of our team and want to create a rewarding and enriching environment for long-term relationships and support. This includes taking great pride in our culture and offering a more than competitive salary with great benefits, flexible lifestyle schedules, and the potential for unlimited career advancement.