The Digible team is looking for a passionate web designer/developer to plan, create, and execute website templates and sites for apartment communities in WordPress. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join a growing startup and develop a new product offering for the agency. We are looking for someone who will be integrated into our team and work collaboratively with the web product manager, account managers, and other designers/developers.
We are searching for a professional with the capacity to be creative and strategic in their approach. Most meaningfully, we want someone that truly fits with our culture; someone who is passionate, curious, hard-working, and reliable.
Digible has focused on selling digital marketing deliverables (paid media, organic media, and our core AI/NGL technology – Fiona) for the past 5 years. We are now making the leap into selling websites, and we are looking for contractors to work with to build our web product and processes from the ground floor. We are working with Oxygen Builder and the Oxymade Megaset, so we have a large library of different sections and modules that can be used to quickly create websites. We need a WordPress developer that is comfortable working with these tools, integrating APIs, optimizing for page speed, leading website launches and QAs, and occasionally customizing plugins as needed.
You’ll love this job if:
- Love building processes and systems, with the goal to scale the website product to 100 monthly active clients within 18 months
- You naturally think “we” instead of “I”
- You are passionate about working proactively to prevent technical debt and deliver the best possible solutions
- You enjoy serving in an advisory/consultative capacity on technical questions/decisions
- Lead and/or assist with website builds for apartment communities across the U.S. This includes single-family homes, student housing, and 55+ communities. We are aiming to launch 100 websites in the next 12-18 months.
- Optimize websites for page speed and core web vitals.
- Create website environments (both multisite and single sites)
- Handle transfers of websites from other hosting providers and set up staging environments
- Lead quality assurance testing and apply edits/updates to design and content
- Handle website launches and post-launch tasks
- Maintain websites post-launch – keeping plugins, themes, and WP core updated on a routine basis
- Offer technical and strategic input on processes and tech stack to continuously improve our web product offerings and scale over time.
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of concentrated web development experience
- Extensive experience in WordPress and familiarity working with Oxygen builder
- Extensive experience with WordPress Multisite
- Extensive perience with API integration
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Digital marketing experience (agency experience is a plus)
- Extensive experience with optimizing core web vitals (especially for SEO and page speed)
- Must be thorough and detail-oriented – extensive experience with quality assurance testing and following internal processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Confident in communicating with our internal team, strong written and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, maintaining flexibility and open-mindedness
Preferred Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
While not required, having these will give you a competitive advantage:
- Experience with WordPress Multisite
- Experience with WP Engine
- Experience with Oxymade design set
- Experience customizing WordPress & themes
- Experience communicating in Slack
- Experience with G-Suite
- Experience in the multi-family housing industry
- Compensation: Competitive Rate ($30.00-$60.00 Hourly)
- Time: Less than 30 hrs/week
- Duration: Ongoing projects, 6+ months or longer
- Experience Level: Intermediate-Advanced