The description is the same as with the Senior Programmer, except this classification functions under general supervision. The Programmer, in development of applications software, is responsible for analyzing and refining systems requirements; translating systems requirements into applications prototypes; planning and designing systems architecture; writing, debugging and maintaining code; determining and designing applications architecture; determining output media/formats; designing user interfaces; working with customers to test applications; assuring software and systems quality and functionality; integrating hardware and software components; writing and maintaining program documentation; evaluating new applications software technologies; and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to the delivery of application software services. The Programmer, in development of operating systems, is responsible for analyzing systems requirements in response to business requirements, risks and costs; evaluating, selecting, verifying and validating the systems software environment; evaluating, selecting and installing compilers, assemblers and utilities; integrating hardware and software components within the systems environment; monitoring and fine-tuning performance of the systems environment; evaluating new systems engineering technologies and their effect on the operating environment; and/or ensuring that information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices are an integral element of the operating environment.
- The Programmer will possess knowledge and experience in applications software development principles and methods sufficient to participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified applications software; operating systems installation and configuration procedures; organization’s operational environment; software design principles, methods and approaches; principles, methods and procedures for designing, developing, optimizing and integrating new and/or reusable systems components; pertinent government regulations; infrastructure requirements, such as bandwidth and server sizing; database management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing and transaction processing; functionality and operability of the current operating environment; systems engineering concepts and factors such as structured design, supportability, survivability, reliability, scalability and maintainability; optimization concepts and methods; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; and speak and write effectively and prepare effective reports.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in electronic data processing systems study, design, and programming. At least three (3) years of that experience must have been in a lead capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related or Engineering field. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in WordPress administration, development, migration, and optimization. At least (3) years of that experience must be in a lead capacity.
- California Residents Only – The position is REMOTE and the Hiring Manager requires the candidate to reside in California despite this being a REMOTE position