Work from home, set your own hours, unlimited vacation, full medical/dental benefits (we pay full amount of premiums), work with friendly people who are experts at what they do, make a real difference, etc.
Let’s cut to the chase–you’re awesome, we’re awesome, we really should get together. But we believe in dating before getting married, so this is a contract to perm job. Testing things out with a contract project or two allows you to see if you like us, helps us to see if we like you, and if all goes well, then we’re not afraid of commitment. And frankly, we’re ready to move fast. We’ve got a lot of work coming in.
As a front end developer at MWI you’ll be developing creative solutions for MWI clients, solving problems and challenges in real time as they come up, doing things that have never been done before, amazing everyone with your coding skills, and becoming Internet-famous. Plus working with awesome people who are just as excited as you are about changing the world.
- Communicate with clients to gather requirements and assess their objectives during the pre-development and development stages of projects, including making presentations individually or as part of a team.
- Work with other MWI employees, including copywriters, UX designers, web designers, other coders, and digital marketers.
- Assist with creating proposals and agreements for web development engagements.
- Think strategically and come up with creative and elegant solutions for clients.
- Develop, debug, and assist with development tasks.
- Own projects from conception to completion.
- 5+ years experience developing fully customized WordPress themes.
- Experience developing pixel perfect responsive websites from PSD’s.
- Expert level fluency with HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3/Jquery.
- Expert level knowledge of responsive web design and development.
- Strong understanding of PHP/MySQL.
- Understanding of cross browser/device development techniques.
- Experience in cross browser support and graceful degradation.
- Experience integrating with and debugging content management systems.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices a plus.
- Experience with Woocommerce & WordPress frameworks a plus.
- Comfortable working in a variety of CMS’s, frameworks and templating systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and to work with little to no supervision.
- Coding addicts preferred.
- Current knowledge on upcoming technologies and w3c compliant code.
- Familiarity with good principles of UX, front-end coding, and web design.