Do Your Best Work – Building Brands That Matter
Hydrant is a creative studio based in Tucson, Arizona. We focus on brand, marketing & communications, and technology work for purpose-driven organizations … and also the continual search for the perfect burrito.
We are designers, strategists, creators, marketers, and technologists who are eager to partner with you. Our dynamic group of Hydranters are dedicated, passionate experts who are constantly growing. Our clients include nonprofits, consumer brands, and community-conscious businesses.
We deliver impactful results through a unique, holistic approach that combines a deep working knowledge of technology, a thorough understanding of design systems, and a love for building and managing brands. At Hydrant, you’ll certainly get to explore different strategies and innovate daily.
Who you are
The Senior WordPress Developer is a front end developer who successfully delivers digital projects and website maintenance work in concert with the Hydrant team. This person should be an ambitious learner, willing to pick up the latest trends in technologies we use and contribute to our general knowledgebank. They’ll work with other developers to execute maintenance and coding for a variety of projects touching multiple clients. They should be geared for a fast paced environment and ready to pivot often.
- You’ve got 3+ years of experience working with WordPress websites and other front end technologies
- Experience with WordPress, including custom theme and block development and an overall understanding of the WordPress core
- Proficiency with front end development, including SCSS
- Proficiency and dedication to organized project file structures and syntactic style compliance
- As a plus, you’ve got experience with: Shopify, Vue.js, and/or development ops (SFTP, command line server work)
- You are a self starter – this position will lead our WordPress Development
- You’re an adaptive contributor
- You are a collaborative project planner
- You don’t believe in resting on your laurels and easily tackle situations of ambiguity to figure out how to keep yourself and your work moving forward
- You work with your project team to understand, act, and deliver on next steps translated from product and client needs
- You’re eager to jump in on tasks to support your team as needed
- You want to constantly improve client service, business, and development practices in yourself and your team
What you’ll do
- Take on various development-related tasks, to support different processes and needs on assigned projects
- Objectively explain and represent your contributions and deliverables to your team and clients
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full context of your work and that you have the same of theirs, jumping in on other tasks as needed
- Collaborate directly every day with designers, developers, strategists, and clients
Hydrant offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Health Insurance – Generous employer contribution
- Vision and Dental insurance – 100% employer paid
- 401(k) Program – with employer matching
- Hybrid work from home and coworking at our downtown Tucson or Phoenix locations
- A dynamic environment filled with projects for purpose-driven organizations and companies
- Collaborative team to learn and grow with
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis – Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Programming – Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation – Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.