Newfangled is a digital marketing consultancy. They work primarily with small-to-medium-sized creative firms and digital shops, helping these companies market themselves and track the success of their marketing. They have more than doubled in size over the past year, with no signs of stopping.
Newfangled is currently looking for a Senior WordPress Developer so that they can offer website development services to their clients. Working alongside a Website Designer and Website Project Manager, you will:
- Build WordPress sites using a standardized starter foundation maintained by Newfangled
- Make extensive updates to existing WordPress websites
- Manage the hosting infrastructure of WordPress websites (DNS changes, migrations, etc)
- Customize the back-end templates and functions to account for any specific requirements
- Implement Figma designs to produce a consistently styled and tested front end
- Work independently within a pre-defined timeline to produce a tested and stable final product
- Work with existing websites, themes, and frameworks to implement new design elements and functionality
- Manage the provisioning, migration, and deployments of new hosting environments
Within this role, you will:
- Report to the CTO (to ensure the quality and consistency of the sites being built)
- Interact with the CDO (to ensure the strategic success of the sites being built)
- Interact with the Website Project Manager (to understand the scope, review progress and deadlines, and address client feedback)
- Interact with the Website Designer (to understand the design requirements, and review technical challenges and limitations)
During the first few weeks, you’ll learn how to use Newfangled’s pre-built WordPress themes, templates and plugins, and learn more about the company’s internal communication systems. You’ll also work on small client projects to learn how the team communicates and works together, eventually building a sample site.
This is a full-time role, and you’ll be required to work at least 3-4 hours overlapping with US EST within the 9 AM – 5 PM window.
To excel in this role, you need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working on a number of different WordPress sites, both building and maintaining
- Experience working with WordPress plugins, ideally having helped create and support at least one plugin
- Experience with sites using the Gravity Forms plugin
- Experience managing sites on WPEngine
- Knowledge of PHP, being very comfortable working directly with WordPress templates and adding custom functions
- Knowledge of CSS & the ability to match complex designs exactly in multiple browsers
- Knowledge of GIT (ability to create projects, work with existing projects, create branches, collaborate with other developers, etc.)
- Experience with SCSS/Webpack/Gulp/etc. – experience using CSS and JS preprocessors to organize and build front-end assets
- Creativity & the ability to independently extrapolate designs to apply to multiple devices, sizes, and content variations
- Attention to detail – you mustn’t rely on a separate QA team to test your work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively within a small internal team, as well as good spoken and written English skills
Brownie points for:
- Experience with automated/unit testing
- Experience building and testing HTML email templates.
- Experience with building and maintaining Laravel applications
- A demonstrable passion for UX concepts and challenges
What’s in it for you?
- $5000* per month
- Full-time & fully remote
- Potential for growth
- Paid holidays off
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully apply promptly, and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply, JobRack will respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
1 – Filling in the application form once you click “Apply”
2 – Upload your CV
3 – Short interview with a technical recruiter
4 – Coding test, if short-listed
5 – Attending video interviews with the hiring company where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role
Applications are only accepted through JobRack. Newfangled has specifically requested that you do not contact them directly. If you have any questions please contact us using [email protected]
– Only candidates from Eastern Europe are eligible to apply –