Job Title : Sr. WordPress Developer
Top Skills Details
1. Strong corporate foundation in WordPress
2. Backend Development skills in PHP
3. Full Stack Development (CSS, HTML, PHP, MySQL, SQL
4. Prefer candidates with development Build experience in an AWS cloud environment
– MUST have a 4 year degree
– Would prefer to see a GitHub account portfolio
– Wants us to do a PHP IKM
AWS (EC2, RDS, EKS, Lambda) would be awesome bonus skillset.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and PHP-driven content management systems, specifically WordPress. Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment, is preferred. Experience with custom WordPress theme and plugin development is required.
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Testing and implementing custom pages
• Establishing and guiding application architecture
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
• Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Knowledge of how to interact with APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of WordPress ACF, Builders a plus
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git & GitHub
• Knowledge of ADA & WCAG compliance standards
• Experience with WordPress JSON API – ability to extend, modify, etc.
• Gutenberg Blocks – creating new blocks, modifying blocks, etc.
• Experience with hooks and filters
• Custom post type management
• Experience with MySQL and the ability to create custom SQL queries.
• Punching holes through cache – experience working in cached environments
• Experience with Vagrant and Virtual Box for custom development environments
• NGINX management
• Experience working in a scrum environment
Enterprise Req Skills