Publishers Clearing House (PCH), has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior PHP Developer. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of multiple WordPress sites across Wide Open Media Group, a subsidiary of PCH. This is an individual contributor role helping to lead the charge on moving to a Content as a Service (CaaS) organization while growing the features on existing sites currently consumed by 20+ million fans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate and interface with Marketing leads and/or Product Owners to help understand and size user stories
- Design, architect and develop PHP web sites (hands-on coding)
- Ensure proper tracking of tasks and ensuring sprint story commitments
- Work with Creative department to get desired UI updates deployed on live site
- Work with Tech Lead/Manager to ensure that all development efforts are done according to standards and that the solutions are robust and extensible
- Respond to any critical defects or production issues
- Collaborate on infrastructure
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field; or the equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience in a software development role, delivering high quality solutions
- Proficient in WordPress development. Must have successfully created large scale WordPress sites. Proficient in testing and client side optimization.
- Must have a background with PHP web applications running using a PHP framework.
- Experience with package management systems such as Composer
- Familiarity with developing and deploying applications in the cloud
- Performance tuning and Core Web Vitals auditing
- Experience with Cloudflare Workers or Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Natural problem solving abilities and eagerness to help lead a growing team
- Experience leading small development teams on projects, monitoring progress, and ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills. Must be able to communicate effectively
Acquired by Publishers Clearing House (PCH) in 2020, Wide Open Media Group is a modern media company embracing and amplifying the collective American identity. Our house of brands connects engaged audiences with educational and entertaining content deeply rooted in their passions and curiosities. Visit https://www.wideopenmediagroup.com/ to learn more.
PCH / Wide Open Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer