We are looking for another WordPress Developer to join our team. If you are wanting to join a company with a purpose that cares about you as a person and not just another employee, this is the place for you.
What You\’ll Do:
- Develop responsive, standards-compliant HTML and CSS3 themes for WordPress from custom-created in-house designs and layouts
- Install, test, and debug WordPress plugins and develop new plugins as needed
- Evaluate designs, wireframes, and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately
- Conduct peer review of themes created by other developers
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS and Android platforms
- Communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review
What do you need?
- Experience creating and modifying WordPress themes, Gutenburg block editor, plugins
- Expertise in PHP development
- Expert HTML & CSS skills with a full understanding of web standards and responsive design techniques
- Familiarity with Sass, Gulp
- Experience with Git version control
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort for front-end development tasks
- Experience working with Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Preferred: Experience with WP-CLI tool
- Preferred: Experience with React/Next.js or equivalent jamstack
- Preferred: Basic understanding Vercel, Storybook.js
- Preferred: Basic understanding of accessibility best practices, Section 508 compliance and/or WCAG 2.0 standards
- Preferred: Experience in eCommerce using WooCommerce
- Provide examples of work within the past 12 months where you were the primary lead/developer
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience with WordPress
- Bachelor\’s degree
- Salary level will be commensurate with experience
Based in Tampa, FL., Lapero is a subsidiary of Team SI, a nationally recognized, data-driven consulting firm and tech incubator based in Little Rock, Ark. Lapero specializes in software as a service (SaaS) offering state-of-the-art web development, technology solutions, UX research, UI design and technical consulting services while working in a variety of different industries such as government, travel and tourism, healthcare, ecommerce, legal, retail, banking and education. Lapero provides premier technical consulting services, innovative technology strategies and fully-custom development solutions on Magento, Sitefinity and WordPress with experience building web applications, APIs and syncs. Over the years, the web development team has received both national and international industry recognition for its work including top awards in the Sitefinity Website of the Year, dotCOMM, WebAward, eHealthcare and the National Agri-Marketing Association\’s (NAMA) Best of NAMA awards. Learn more at Lapero.io.