The Application Developer develops database and other applications to support the needs of the division and affiliated facilities. The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined needs. The position is also responsible for assisting the Director of Application Services with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications.
– Documents technical requirements by working with the Lead Application Developer or business users.
– Completes application development tasks assigned according to project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
– Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources (if applicable).
– Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
– Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
– Coordinates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate).
– Creates and maintains application documentation.
– Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
– Resolves application issues as needed.
– Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
– Actively participates in application design sessions.
– Provides technical guidance to business users.
– Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
– Creates programming project plan, estimate tasks and hours to complete.
– Performs routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
– Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
– Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
– Assists with other duties as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree Information Systems or related degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
– Minimum 2 years Information Technology experience including database and other application design
– PHP experience
– Prior DBA experience beneficial
– Experience with HCA systems preferred