Coretechs Consulting is looking for skilled developers with solid PHP development experience to join our team. This is a full-time position for a developer who’s ready to jump in and contribute thoughtfully delivered, beautifully crafted code that exceeds the status quo. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, takes direction well, thrives in a collaborative team environment, and is committed to refining their craft. Excellent communication skills are a must.
The majority of the team at Coretechs works remotely on Eastern Standard Time. For those who prefer to work in an office environment, Coretechs has an office in Kensington, Maryland.
Some of the Benefits of working for Coretechs:
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, health insurance, paid time off and bonuses
- Ability to grow your position and role within the company
- Choose to work fully remote, some days remotely or in the office all day
- Work for a locally owned, locally managed, US-based company
- Schedule flexibility
- Remote first work environment
The requirements below are preferred but not set in stone. If you have relevant experience and a desire to learn, contact us!
- Deep experience in PHP. Typically this includes strong experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Familiarity with Laravel or other PHP frameworks such as Drupal or Joomla is helpful.
- Relational database experience with MySQL.
- Prior work in either PostgreSQL or SQL Server is helpful.
- Experience with other languages and frameworks such as Python/Django, Ruby on Rails, etc a HUGE plus.
- Understanding of your own limits and how to work on a deadline
- Full-cycle website development – Demonstrate ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Comfortable interacting with clients via email, phone, or virtual meetings (Zoom, etc).
- Ability to work independently and productively, but also to work well in a team atmosphere
- High degree of professionalism, adherence to high quality standards, and attention to detail
- 2 – 5 years industry experience preferred
- College degree not required.
- Ability to work core hours in EST. Core hours start between 8am to 11am, and end between 3pm to 6pm. Free to set your own schedule within those boundaries.
- Applicants must reside in the US
If working for a fast-growing, remote first company sounds like a step in the right direction for your career, contact us today.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Do you live in the United States?
- What is your State of Residence?
- Describe your professional, hands-on experience with PHP in a production environment so far in your career. Please note, if you leave this question blank, your application will not be considered.
Work Location: One location