CC&A Strategic Media has an immediate opening for a Junior WordPress Developer & Assistant Account Manager to join their team working remotely from anywhere in the United States. If you’re someone with a solid understanding of WordPress development, this could be a great fit for you as a first job, a place to hone your skills, and create a long-term career path at CC&A. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in WordPress development and can handle a wide range of duties such as launching new websites, developing custom themes, implementing features not available through plugins, and fixing site performance issues. The entry level WordPress Developer is responsible for both back-end and front-end development and has a creative eye for design, problem solving and project management. This position will convert PSD files into custom WordPress themes. The position may require interaction with CC&A clients and vendors, so having strong organization skills with a detail-oriented mentality is required. WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Collaborate with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects.
- Design websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Develop/implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions and plugins.
- Design/troubleshoot/implement new features and enhancements to existing websites.
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle.
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation, and maintenance.
- Contribute to support of current client websites.
- Assist in creating and managing website development schedules and processes.
- Work collaboratively with vendors and partners to manage strategy expectations.
- Assist in creating logical website navigational structures, sitemaps, and webpage layouts.
- It is expected that all candidates have a strong understanding of latest industry trends.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $34,000 – $40,000 starting annual salary.
- PLUS $4,000 annually to use for your health insurance needs or to use as you see fit.
- 100% remote work arrangement.
- Flexible work schedule that prioritizes family and health.
- A culture that encourages living life on your own terms, all voices are equal in our company and offers ample opportunity to grow, take on additional leadership responsibilities, and increase your earnings.
- Extensive onboarding and training for new employees and ongoing support from the entire CC&A Team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress, PHP back-end development, and responsive frameworks.
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Exceptional organization, communication, and project management skills required.
- An eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies.